Vitamix 5200 is the successor to the prior model Vitamix 5000, one of the most popular Vitamix models that commonly became the first choice of anyone who liked to upgrade to a high-performance blender.
This Vitamix series is not the most expensive one compared to all Vitamix models. Still, this one seems attractive to many people because this is a Vitamix blender that is quite basic and affordable.
When I say it’s affordable, I realize if it’s not one of the budget blenders you can find in the market, but with Vitamix’s quality, the price is reasonable. Most people thinking of buying a Vitamix will go for this older model.
Vitamix 5200 Standard Series Blender, Black
- Variable Speed Control: Easily adjust speed to achieve a variety of textures. The dial can be rotated at any point during the blend, so you’re in complete control
- Large Batches: The size and shape of the self-cleaning 64-ounce container is ideal for blending medium to large batches. Design Feature : Radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
- Hot Soup: The blades in the Vitamix container reach speeds fast enough to create friction heat, bringing cold ingredients to steaming hot in about six minutes
- Hardened Stainless-Steel Blades: Our aircraft-grade stainless steel blades are designed to handle the toughest ingredients, so from the first blend to the last, you get the same quality results
- Self-Cleaning: With a drop of dish soap and warm water, your Vitamix machine can clean itself in 30 to 60 seconds.
Vitamix 5200 Design
Vitamix 5200 is part of the Vitamix C Series, the Classic series that offers various control options and container sizes, all with the classic Vitamix body style. The base itself has manual switches, controls, and a speed dial that makes it easy for any user to operate it, no matter how young or old.
- Height: 7.25″ wide x 20.5″ tall (with the 64-ounce container on it) x 8.75″ deep
- Weight: 10.6 lbs
- Blending container: BPA Free container, with vented lid plus tamper.
- Cord length: 6 feet
- Blade construction: 4 blades laser-cut, stainless-steel hammer-mill and cutting blades measuring 3-inch diameter to ensure a consistent blend every time
- Base design: equipped with manual switches controls and a speed dial
- Base color variation: Black, Brushed Stainless, Platinum, Red, and White
Vitamix 5200 Features
This Vitamix model has a 2.0 peak horsepower motor supported with 1380 watts power capable of spinning the blades up to 37,000 rpm. Certainly, you will be amazed at the results you find in the end.
To control Vitamix 5200, you have to use manual switches and speed dial. It does not have a touch-pad or pre-programmed settings like some of the other high-performance blenders. Blendtec comes to mind, which, in contrast, always has pre-programmed settings on all their blenders. Probably this is the biggest thing that you can notice when you compare Vitamix blender and Blendtec.
Note: If you like to have pre-programmed settings on your Vitamix blender, you may consider Vitamix Pro 750.
Each Vitamix blender has a BPA Free container that’s safe for our body. All of these specs are top of the line, but this product’s true benefit comes from the added features. You get thermal protection and radial cooling, which can rarely be found in this product type, especially when you compare with Ninja blenders.
Overall, its versatility is very impressive. The proper attention to detail makes the Vitamix 5200 stand out among other similar blenders because it helps you maintain outstanding quality and exceptional control.
Warranty is excellent, too, since you get no less than seven years of full coverage, so if something does break, you are fully protected. It is a fantastic experience, and the results shine because of that.
Vitamix 5200 Performance
With that huge power from the machine and the strong blades, you can easily make everything. From simple fruit smoothies, crush the ice or healthy creamy peanut butter – nearly impossible to make without a powerful blender.
In certain conditions, use the tamper to help you to stir the ingredients. Certainly, it will help you get the best and smoothest blended foods.
The fact that it does not have pre-programmed settings won’t reduce its performance. The device still offers stellar speed control. It has ten speeds to allow chop, grind, or fully blend your ingredients.
Combine that with the fact that you can run at high speed for close to a minute, and you will certainly argue that this is one of the best smoothie blenders on the market.
Vitamix 5200 Packages Series
The Vitamix 5200 has four package options that vary in its container. They are Vitamix 5200 Standard package, Vitamix 5200 Super package, Vitamix 5200 Deluxe package, and Vitamix 5200 Compact packages.
Vitamix 5200 Standard Package
You will get a classic 64-ounce container in the package along with a regular-sized tamper, ideal for blending medium to large batches.
Vitamix 5200 Super Package
You will get a classic 64-ounce container plus a 32-ounce dry grains container. Other than those, you’ll get regular and mini-sized tampers ideal for incorporating fresh whole grains.
Vitamix 5200 Deluxe Package
You will get a classic 64-ounce container, a traditional 32-ounce container plus a 32-ounce dry grains container along with regular and mini-sized tampers, and you will get additional bonuses 4 Flexible Cutting Boards and a 3-Piece Spatula Set.
Vitamix 5200 Compact Package
You will get a classic 48-ounce container for the medium batch process. A mini tamper is there, too.
Aside from the device, you also obtain a Getting Started guide book that allows you to understand how to optimize this blender. For instance, your speed depends on your ingredients, and there’s also other information that you will find helpful.
You also obtain a tutorial DVD that shows the basics, and as always, you also get the tamper, which will help you process thick mixtures.
- A very powerful motor
- The ability to change speeds is very interesting very suitable for you who want precise result for your ingredients
- The tamper makes it easier to blend thick ingredients
- Equipped with thermal protection and radial cooling
- The cost might be a little too much for a homeowner blender
- Noise levels a bit high but the rubber pad on the base covering the socket help to reduce the noise
- Do not have pre-programmed blend cycles, so you have to wait until it finishes
If you are a person who is tired of a blender that breaks after some months and is now looking for a high-quality blender, it’s a good idea to start with Vitamix 5200.
As you can see from this Vitamix 5200 review, the product does strike the perfect balance between professional and high-quality kitchen tool. The price should already be discounted on this day because the new model is already launched. You will most of the time find the refurbished version of this Vitamix blender, which is even better since you can save more on it.