I hope you’ll enjoy making (and consuming) this delicious Eggplant Parmesan as much as I did! It’s relatively easy to make and it can be done in under 45 minutes – prep included.
For those who prefer graphical presentation, I’ve created this nice infographic. Below the infographic, you can find the textual version of the recipe (it’s printable!).
If you like the recipe, please share it with your friends and family!
So, let’s learn how to make Vegan Eggplant Parmesan with style ;).
|Vegan Eggplant Parmesan
|750 per serving
Here’s the ingredient list for a couples serving size.
Also, in order to make everything easier for you, we’ve listed both Imperial & Metric measurement systems for the individual ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE EGGPLANT PARMESAN:
- Slice eggplant into thin rounds slightly less than 1/2 inch thick, and sprinkle each side with himalayan sea salt.
- While waiting, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C) and line a baking sheet with foil and add nonstick spray. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan for the pasta.
- Prepare your separate areas by placing almond milk (or soy milk) and cornstarch in one bowl; flour in another bowl; and bread crumbs and sea salt, oregano, thyme and and vegan parmesan (or nutritional yeast) in another bowl.
- Dip eggplant slices in flour, then almond milk mixture, then breadcrumbs. Arrange on the baking sheet and put in the oven to bake for a total of 20-30 minutes.
- While eggplant is browning in the oven, prepare the marinara sauce.
- Once done cooking, drain pasta and place aside.
- Serve and enjoy!
One major ingredient that most vegan cheese recipes calls for that is not necessarily well-known is nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast is a food additive made from a single-celled organism, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae ,which is grown on molasses and then harvested, washed and dried with heat to deactivate it.
It doesn’t grow like regular yeast so it has no leavening ability. It is completely vegan and can be found online, in natural health food stores and some grocery stores.
Vegan Parmesan can be found in many stores! Look for the brand Daiya.
If you enjoy a more savory dish with tons of flavor- add fresh basil and garlic! This recipe can also be made gluten free by choosing gluten free pasta and gluten-free flour.