There are so many rice cookers that have emerged nowadays and we cannot seem to understand which ones we need to buy and use. It seems that all of them have their own standout features. So what is the best rice cooker with stainless steel inner pot?
Safe, durable, and versatile, these are few of the best qualities of stainless steel inner pot rice cookers.
There are non-stick rice cookers, IH (Induction heating), Fuzzy Logic, Stainless steel, and more. However, studies recently revealed that non-stick inner cooking pots especially in rice cookers have been found guilty of causing serious health hazards.
In this post we will learn why stainless steel is a better option compared to aluminums and non-stick rice cooker inner pots as well as the top rice cooker brands that are using this material. Read along!
The Rice Cooker Evolution
Kamados are the first traditional large stoves placed on the corners of the kitchen where you can cook rice on large pots originated from Japan. However it was
only during the Taisho era around 1912-1926, that the development of rice cooker started.
The evolution of this kitchen equipment became notable since then. Toshiba was the first company in 1955 to introduce the commercial automatic electric rice cookers to the world. Here is more on the history of rice cookers.
Rice cooker’s cooking principle is so simple that it does not require experts to handle this machine. It starts by heating the electric heating plate up to its inner cooking pan with thermal-sensing capability. Modern day rice cookers function differently and with more cooking options.
Rice cookers today have different types too like the following:
- Standard electric
- Pressure Cooker
- Induction heating
- Fuzzy logic
- And more…
Each rice cooker type is made from quality materials that include safety, ease of use, and time. You can choose which type of rice cooker works best for your daily needs, lifestyle, family size and budget constraints.
Why use Stainless Steel Inner Pot?
Technology has a lot to do with the improvisations of rice cookers. It has made our lives extremely easy and convenient. We have saved time and effort in cooking rice using rice cookers compared to the conventional methods but have the same results, sometimes better.
However, we need to ensure that the rice cooker we are using is safe, which is our topmost concern.
The most common materials made in rice cookers are:
- Stainless steel
- Ceramic pot
Among these alternative rice cookers, stainless steel inner pots are considered to be the safest material to use because it does not leach compared to aluminum materials which can be harmful or toxic.
Stainless Steel Inner Pot
At first glance you may not notice the different materials used in your rice cookers but if you look closely, you will see that the inner cooking pot surface has started to peel-off. Now imagine it touching your rice and worse, cooks with it.
Stainless steel inner pot is the only non-reactive metal used in any cooking equipment. Apart from that, stainless steel inner pots are easy to clean and faster, plus it keeps it shine longer.
Pros and Cons of Stainless Steel Pot
Like all the kitchen equipment we own at home, the stainless steel inner pot rice cooker has its own sets of advantages and disadvantages too.
- Durability – Stainless steel inner pots are way durable compared to non-stick pots. Non-stick inner pots tend to wear away over time while stainless steel stays longer.
- Low- Maintenance – Since the material is made of stainless steel, it does not need high maintenance cleaning solutions. It can be washed off with soap and water or even the dishwasher.
- Versatility – If you are using rice cooker for other dishes then you can rely on stainless steel inner pots especially for acid food. It does not react to strong acid food like lemons, and tomatoes.
- Appearance – Because it is made of stainless steel, it keeps its shine all throughout as long as you maintain it.
- Poor Heat Conducting – Although stainless steel inner pots are long-lasting, it is quite a problem that it heats up longer compared to aluminum. Because of its stainless material, it bounces heat off easily and tends to cook at uneven temperature. However, rice cookers with stainless steel inner pots use steam technology to cook rice, so you still have the same fluffy and tasty rice.
- Sticky – Rice if overcooked will become stickier than the normal. If you use stainless steel inner pot, there is a chance that if you put the incorrect amount of water, the rice becomes sticky at the bottom. However, if you use stainless steel rice cookers as directed, the steam will cook the rice evenly and perfectly so no need to worry!
Top 3 Best Rice Cookers with Stainless Steel Inner Pot
3. Zojirushi NHS 6/10/18 Rice Cooker/Steamer
This rice cooker from the famous brand Zojirushi comes with a removable stainless steel inner pot and steamer tray with easy to use switch controls. Although the keep warm option is available on NHS 10 and 18 models only, it still boasts of the non-stick capability and fluffy rice results.
- Different Rice Variety– but you need to manually check the water measurement and from time to time to avoid uncooked/overcooked rice
- Steamed Vegetables
- Steamed Chicken, Fish or Meat
Below is a short video presenting Zojirushi NHS Rice Cooker
2. Oyama CFS-F12W 7 Cup Rice Cooker, Stainless White
This rice cooker is made from grade 304 all-stainless steel materials with triple-layered bottom plating for uniform cooking. An aluminum plate is sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel to provide full and uniform heat without burning the rice.
It also features a keep-war option that can last for up to 24hrs. This rice cooker comes with a stainless steel steamer tray and a see-through glass lid.
- Different Rice Variety – need to be sure of the water measurement and random checking
- Steamed fish, chicken or meat
- Steamed vegetables
1. Aroma Simply Stainless
If you are looking for a rice cooker because of health benefits like a stainless steel pot instead of using the usual non-stick coating that Teflon cookers have which are rumored to be one of the main causes of cancer and other diseases then use Aroma Simply Stainless.
This brand has perfected with 100% surgical-grade 304 stainless steel inner pot.
- Different Rice Varieties – need to adjust water and check randomly
- Steamed fish, chicken or meat
- And more
What is the Best Rice Cooker with Stainless Steel Inner Pot
Aroma Simply Stainless won the inner pot competition because of its full stainless steel options and of course, the undeniable features. Although the top 3 choices we mentioned are not using modern technologies and multi-functions, they are well-rated because of their simplicity and having stainless steel inner pots.
However, you can still do more with these rice cookers apart from cooking rice, you can actually cook a whole meal! These rice cookers with stainless steel inner pots are best alternatives to rice cookers with aluminum or Teflon inner pots nowadays due to the overwhelming facts about food safety.
If you are also looking for rice cookers with other great benefits and other cooking features, check out our best rice cooker.
When buying kitchen appliances such as rice cookers, always bear in mind to consider the health hazards. Always ask yourself ‘Is this the best for me?’ and if your inner self tells so then do it. There is nothing more rewarding than being confident on the product you use.
Find out what really suits your needs, lifestyle and budget and before you give them your money, don’t forget to check out reviews on these brands to be assured of the quality and other considerations direct from consumers themselves.