Hi Everyone! Today is a great day to be healthy so I will show you awesome rice cooker with steamer recipes and a bonus of the top 3 brands to look for!
Why Use a Steamer?
If you need one word to explain to you why you need a rice cooker with steamer, it is this: fool-proof cooking!
No more water overflow while trying to cook rice in the microwave or the stove-top and definitely no more burning on the bottom of the pot!
They do not under-cook or overcook, thanks to the setting time available on most cookers. Most importantly, rice cookers with steamers allow you to cook one meal in one pot only – imagine all the hard-work you will save yourself switching between pots!
Cooking with steam is healthy and provides versatile options. Some of the main benefits you need to know about are listed right below.
- Steamed food preserves the fiber, color, texture and flavor of food in a lot better way. It ensures that 90% of antioxidants in fresh vegetables are preserved for you!
- Using oil becomes optional, resulting in a completely healthy meal.
- Saves the cancer-fighting components in vegetables from getting destroyed. Steaming at steady, controlled temperatures and using a small amount of water helps to retain their components.
- Steaming also separates the fat from the meat so it can be easily discarded. Your resulting meat will be lower in calories and cholesterol.
Delicious Rice Cooker with Steamer Recipes
The best part about using rice cookers with steamers is how you don’t need every other appliance in your kitchen to make an exotic dish. You just have to throw in the ingredients and wait for the magic to happen!
You can make almost anything in it- be it chicken, seafood or a dessert! Don’t believe it? Here are three finger licking recipes to get you started!
Healthy and yum, steamed salmon is a great main-course-meal for dinner or lunch. And now, with convenient steamer trays in rice cookers, it is so much easier to make steamed salmon!
What you Need:
- Firstly, you will need 2 fillets of Salmon
- Then, next ingredients in line are 5 slices of ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 spring onion
- Soy sauce and salt
How to Cook:
- For preparing the fish, dice up the garlic cloves and cut nice, clean, long strips of ginger and spring onion.
- Next up, spread these veggies evenly on top of the salmon fillets, pour a tablespoon of soy sauce and sprinkle some salt to taste.
- Now, you will need to add 1/3rd cup water into your rice cooker and bring it to a boil.
- Once the water boils, put the fillets in the steamer tray and close the lid for 10 minutes.
- After the said duration, your steamed salmon will be all ready for you to devour!
Chinese Steamed Chicken
It makes one of the simplest and true-to-taste Chinese steamed chicken, with minimal ingredients. Here’s how you can make it in your rice cooker with steamer.
For the marinade:
- Mix together 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce
- Add 1 teaspoon of cooking wine and ½ teaspoon salt
- You can add ginger and spring onion shreds to fuse the authentic Chinese flavors in the chicken
How to Cook:
- Cover the entire chicken with the marinating sauce and put the ginger and spring onion shreds over it for about 30 minutes or longer. For best taste, prepare the chicken in the morning for cooking it for lunch or dinner.
- Fill the pot of your rice cooker with some water and bring it to a boil. Then place the marinated chicken on the steamer tray and close the lid. Let the chicken cook for 20 minutes.
- While your chicken is being cooked, prepare the dipping sauce. For it, you will require a tablespoon of oyster sauce, light soy sauce, chopped green onions and sesame oil, 4 tablespoons of water, and a chopped clove of garlic.
- Next, take a pan and heat the sesame oil. Then put in the garlic and green onions, stirring them until aroma. Now you pour in the oyster sauce, soy sauce and water, and bring the mixture to a boil. Then, transfer it into the dipping bowl and allow it to cool down.
- Moving to towards the end, after the chicken is done, cut it into desirable sized chunks and serve it with the dipping sauce.
There, you have a delicious Chinese steamed chicken!
Steamed Tofu and Asparagus
Undoubtedly, stir fried tofu sounds delectable but the added fat might prevent you from devouring the treat. With rice cooker steamers, it is not a problem anymore though. Let’s see how we can prepare enjoyable tofu and asparagus in the rice cooker with a steamer.
- ½ small bunch of asparagus having 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 6 oz., cube, fried tofu
- ½ thinly sliced small carrot
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Aloha shoyu, 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil, i teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- A teaspoon of mirin
- 1 teaspoon honey
How to Cook:
It is just as easy as it gets – once you have all the ingredients, toss them together in a mixing bowl and place them on the steamer tray of your rice cooker. It will be well steamed in around 15 to 20 minutes. Cheers!
Top 3 Rice Cookers with Steamer
The ideal rice cooker with steamer is the one which has multiple other options to provide flexibility in use. Keeping this in mind we have enlisted what we believe deserve to be in the top 3!
1. Tiger Corporation JBV-A Rice Cooker
This has a plastic body and can hold around 5.5 to 10 cups of uncooked rice depending on the size of the device. You can get it for $70- $90.
This rice cooker does not have too many cooking options to choose from. It is mainly suitable for lovers of white or brown rice. However, the white rice cooked in this rice cooker is very tasty and fluffy.
Of course, steaming tray allows you to diversify your meal in various kinds of vegetables or meat. There are plenty of recipes on the internet that allow you to cook a lot of different dishes using this rice cooker and not just rice based.
Even though it lacks a display, it has a very minimalistic design which makes it very aesthetically pleasing and the sober color is sure to fit right in your kitchen.
2. Zojirushi NHS 6/10/18 Rice Cooker
This rice cooker costs from $59 to $70, so it also doesn’t belong to the most expensive devices. The price depends on the capacity of this rice cooker.
You can choose between a capacity of 6/10/18 cups of uncooked rice. As you can see the choice is quite wide.
This rice cooker stands out from the competition because it has an inner pot and steaming tray made of stainless steel.
The construction of this rice cooker is very simple and intuitive, so almost anyone will be able to use it without any problem.
You can cook any kind of rice in there. When it comes to the appearance, the device looks very neat and clean.
3. Zojirushi NS-TSC Rice Cooker
This one is the priciest out of all, it costs about $160 but that’s also for various reasons. First, it has a lot of different options thanks to which you can easily cook many different types of rice.
The mini computer of this rice cooker selects the right cooking time depending on the type of rice and its volume. All cooking parameters will be properly matched so that the rice will be cooked perfectly.
If you are a sushi fan like me, then you should be satisfied with the option of cooking rice especially for making great sushi.
As with the above devices, this rice cooker allows you to cook a wide variety of rice-based dishes or completely different like soups, goulash, pasta, etc. It is a popular and proven rice cooker by many rice supporters. That’s why there are hundreds of recipes online for this device.
So if you have few extra dollars to throw in, go with this one!
Summing it up, rice cookers with steamers are just another convenience. On top of providing the benefits of eating steamed food, such rice cookers save a lot of time and energy.
Indeed, they are a huge benefit to the mankind! I’m sure, with the recipes listed above and the top 3 rice cookers with steamers, you will conjure up something truly delectable.