This egg white omelette served with cherry tomato, mushroom and grated parmesan cheese, is healthy, delicious and perfect for just about any meal. If you’re looking for high protein, low calorie breakfast or brunch, and you don’t want to sacrifice taste, you’ll love this egg white omelette recipe!
Egg White Omelette
This egg white omelette is your new best friend. It’s the perfect way to make something interesting out of the left over egg whites! No need to wonder what to do with egg whites after making an egg yolk recipe anymore!
Believe or not, an omelette can be made without egg yolk! That’s right! It’s healthier and protein rich and it can be every bit as, if not more, tasty than a standard omelette. So if you’re looking for a different omelette option, this omelette with white eggs is the perfect choice – it’s flavour packed and just never disappoints.
Create a delicious fluffy omelette with this recipe out of everyday ingredients!
Bring joy into your life and share it with your loved ones!
Making Egg White Omelette Deliciously Flavourful
I love coming up with new options for eggs. I made cloud eggs with fluffy egg whites recently, and they were so tasty and fun. Whipped egg whites and a slightly runny egg yolk – delicious! So, egg white omelette is a natural follow up.
Unlike souffle omelette, you may be thinking that egg whites are tasteless. Well they are on their own! But I tried and tested them with different seasoning and combinations. I found that herb salt, grinded black pepper and garlic powder bring the egg whites to life, elevating them to be flavour powerhouses.
This egg white omelette also has mushrooms and cherry tomatoes to complete a delicious breakfast, brunch, lunch or pretty much any meal you can think of. I’ll show you how to sauté them French style
So, say goodbye to flavour free omelettes, or wet and soggy mushrooms and tomatoes! This will be your new go to omelette.
Herb salt: I’ve found herb salt works perfectly for this omelette recipe. If you don’t have it, try fresh herbs and sea salt. You can use rosemary, parsley, oregano or chives. All work well for this recipe.
Egg whites: Of course, eggs should be as fresh as possible – it makes all the difference with taste, and also making the egg whites fluffy. Keep them in the fridge till you start whipping them.
Olive oil: Butter is usually used for the omelette but I use olive oil. The parmesan cheese is enough to bring the buttery richness. But if you prefer, you can use butter.
Garlic powder: I love garlic powder with this egg white recipe – it gives it that extra kick.
How to Make Egg White Omelette
Making an white egg omelette is super easy. There are just a few steps which will make it a success.
How to make mushrooms and tomatoes tasty
First, sauté mushrooms and tomatoes with a frying pan before cooking egg whites.
It’s tempting to stir fry mushrooms and tomatoes but that can make them wet and soggy, and no one likes wet and soggy mushrooms and tomatoes in an omelette.
I’ve found sautéing them helps them less wet and soggy. To do this, coat them with olive oil while heating them up. Cook them one side each and flip over with spatula once one side is cooked.
How to make egg whites fluffy
I like the fluffy texture you get when making egg white recipes. My tips:
- Not to over whip egg whites
- Start whipping after heating up the frying pan and not vice versa
How much to whip the egg whites
The best for taste and texture is to whip egg whites enough to be firm but not excessively firm – there’s no need to make stiff peaks. Check out the images above.
Once the egg whites are firm, things needs to be handled quickly. Use a tablespoon and transfer the mix into a preheated frying pan. This helps you avoid breaking the whipped egg whites.
Flip over the egg white omelette and cook both sides. Then place sautéed mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on the same half. Then fold the other half of the omelette on top.
That’s it! Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Tips for the Best Egg White Omelette
Once you’ve learned the basics for this recipe, you can make your own versions. I’ve tried with some vegetables I found in my fridge and tested different seasonings. You can be creative and let me know how yours went in the comment section below!
You can add:
- red bell pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- garlic powder
- grind black pepper
More egg recipes for breakfast
Egg White Omelett Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon herb salt (or add parsley or chives)
- pinch salt and pepper (for vegetables)
- 1½ teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese (10g: shredded)
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup mushroom
- pinch garlic powder
- chive (for topping)
- Preheat the frying pan to medium.
- Cut cherry tomatoes and mushrooms into half.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to the pan and sauté cherry tomatoes and mushrooms. That is, cook on one side, then flip over the cooked side with a spatula or a folk one by one. Sprinkle salt, black pepper and garlic powder on them. It takes two minutes in total. Place the cooked vegetables on a plate. Set aside.*
- Turn heat down to low. Add herb salt to egg whites in a bowl and start whipping. Do this directly prior to cooking. No need to do this prior to heating the pan up, as the egg whites will deflate.
- Add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to the pan.
- Place the whipped egg whites into the pan and cook for two minute. Flip it over with a spatula.
- Place chopped cherry tomatoes and mushrooms onto one half of the egg whites. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on the same half. Then fold the other half of the omelette on top.That's it! Serve immediately and enjoy!