If you workout, protein shakes are undoubtedly an option on your daily menu. A great protein shake drink is the product of an efficient shake blender. Therefore, getting the best quality blender for protein drinks is essential.
For those who want delicious protein shakes by using a single bottle to prepare them as I did before, you might be missing the point here. These bottles only make your blending needs harder to achieve.
They also narrow everything to shaking the protein powders only. Because without a blender, you can’t have a combination of fruits or vegetables to make your variation protein shakes. In the end, you get bored with the diet.
Top Blenders for Protein Shakes
Buying a blender for a protein shake is tricky; you can end up with a very cheap blender that lacks power, which only brings your shake a bad consistency; even more, it breaks after some months.
I prefer to have a good quality blender even for these small tasks since it will guarantee your satisfaction. Additionally, you can use the blender for other tasks that require a blender.
To save your time, I have listed the best blender for protein shakes:
1. NutriBullet Rx – The Best Choice
Firstly, NutriBullet RX has its unrivaled power of 1700 watts that can mash through various ingredients, including hard nuts, fruits, vegetables, and ice cubes. So, be ready to enjoy your tastiest protein drinks with a fine consistency.
More than that, this bullet blender can also blend and heat your soup and sauces if you like to prepare your protein soup. In the same vein, it has a designated heating function for the same tasks.
The auto start/stop functionality is a welcome idea on this device. While the protein blender can finish its job within a matter of minutes, you can leave things to run themselves without really watching closely.
And still, after the process finishes, the blender will turn off itself; it has been pre-programmed to work on its own. Therefore, you will never worry about changing your blender’s speed for perfect smoothening of your drinks.
The sleek-looking design is not only attractive, but the high power motor is made for optimized nutrient extraction. The other blenders may limit you with single-serve cups. But this one offers more capacity multi-serve cup for the big family. It is also safe to clean as most of its parts are dishwater safe.
- A powerful device with a 1700-watt motor – therefore, it can break down any ingredients you included in your protein drink
- Can be used for other tasks than just making a protein shake
- Easy to clean- in other words, you can rinse most parts with soap and water quite easily.
- It is very easy to use
- Produces loud noise while running. But this is what you should expect, given the power of its motor.
- Relatively expensive
2. Nutri Ninja Auto IQ (BL482) – With Pre-programmed Settings
If you are the kind of person on the go, the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ is your machine. Although you’ll not need to spend much while buying it, it doesn’t mean that the quality is compromised.
One attractive feature of this blender is the Auto-IQ pre-programmed settings. To illustrate: you can easily run your device through different patterns of blending, pulses, and pauses for a perfectly prepared protein shake and smoothies. On the whole, these actions are possible with just the press of one button.
The blender also has a digital countdown timer that indicates how much time could still be remaining on your Auto-IQ program. Nutri-Ninja Pro Extractor stainless steel blades can break down the hard seeds, fruits, nuts, and crush ice. Consequently, the blender delivers consistent nutrient and vitamin extraction. Thus, it will help you make a variety of protein shakes.
Nutri Ninja Auto IQ comes with a powerful motor, thanks to its 1000 watts, making it more powerful than most protein shake blenders. Thus, it extracts even the most hidden nutrients from many varieties of ingredients. Certainly, you can be confident to have nutritious drinks if this is what the blender can do. Besides, the start/stop button allows for manual blending for those who want to control the process.
When you purchase the blender, you will also get additional cups to be handy for your personal use. Moreover, they come with lids to make sure that your drinks do not spill at any given time.
With all parts of this product BPA free and dishwater safe, cleaning is super easy. And when you’ve finished everything, it’s mealtime – the blending jar can double up as a portable cup. In case you want to carry it anywhere, ensure you close it with a lid, and you’ll be good to go.
- The Auto-IQ program and strong motor enable you to prepare your protein smoothies from various ingredients; accordingly, you need to adjust the settings.
- Can be used for other tasks than just making a protein smoothie
- Maximum extraction of nutrients for high-quality drinks.
- Limited to small families
- Not good for homemade nut butter since it gets overheated.
3. Oster BLSTPB-WPK – Budget Personal Protein Blender
Oster’s versatile blender is also an individual-size appliance that comes with one-touch blending for your protein drink.
It provides quick, convenient blending. So for the guys with a busy lifestyle, this is an on-the-go device you can use. Moreover, the 250-watt blender has a sports bottle that you can carry around quite easily.
Indeed, its motor has enough power to crush frozen fruit and ice efficiently for a smoothened drink. Further, the sport bottle is dishwater safe as it is BPA-free material.
You may have been looking for an easy-to-use blender, and this one is exactly what you want. Indeed, operating it is a very simple process. For instance: after blending, you can detach the bottle from the base and use it as your portable drinker with a lid to prevent any spills.
- Portable and it has on the go lid
- Easy to use, thus no hassle
- Can prepare drinks for an individual only
- Not suitable for blending hard fruits or high fiber veggies
4. Breville Blend-Active Pro Blender
Just like the Oster BLSTPB-WPK, the Breville Blend-Active Pro is your companion in matters of quick and convenient blending. Moreover, it is one of the many personal blenders on the market with great performance.
The sport bottle is fixed on the blade unit during blending for a quick drink-making process, after which it’s detached and secured with a leak-proof lid. Certainly, you can carry the bottle at the gym, sports event, work, etc.
The 300-watt motor is strong to crush ice for a delicious drink. However, don’t think the wattage is low –it can even crush the hard nuts, and tough fruits avail the most nutritious parts of the ingredients. The blade unit is always covered by a safety cap to ensure that everyone is safe when you aren’t using the device.
- Blender can double up as a chopper
- Better materials quality than Oster
- Portable, therefore convenient
- Not suitable for blending high fiber veggies
- Little pricier than Oster
5. Hamilton Beach 51101BA
The Hamilton Beach 51101BA blender is another best option if you are looking for a cheap personal blender for making protein drinks. It comes with a compact design that makes it easy to fit in small spaces, enabling you to carry it wherever you for your blending solutions.
The blending jar can be detached from the power base and serve as your travel cup after that. Moreover, it fits pretty much in all car drink holders.
Indeed, for a blender of this size, a 175-watt motor is enough if you plan to blend your protein powder with ice cubes or little soft fruits without the seeds.
The stainless steel blades are not that thick but enough to help put in an excellent slicing and blending performance for your protein shake.
The blender is made of only BPA-free materials which eliminate any elements of food poisoning due to toxic substances. Apart from the motor, this blender is easy to clean with water and soap.
- Lightweight; thus portable
- Cheap price
- Saves on storage space
- Only able to blend soft fruits
- Cheap plastic materials
Buying Guide for Protein Shake Blenders
Before you decide which blender to buy, here are the things you need to put into consideration. Certainly, you don’t want to make a blunder and choose a product that won’t help you.
- Type of Shakes You Prefer: For the lover of protein shakes with powder, simple blenders will mix your contents just fine. In other words, you don’t need a high-power motor blender. On the other hand, ingredients like fruits, nuts, vegetables, and ice may need a powerful blender.
- Cup Size: Meanwhile, expect low-powered blenders to have smaller cups and vice versa. Personal blenders mostly have small cups because they are meant for one individual. But for the countertop models, cups and blending jars are bigger for bulk blending and storage of the protein shakes.
- Quality: Blenders constructed from carefully selected materials not only last longer, but they are also durable. Moreover, the materials should be BPA-free. In other words, they won’t pose a threat of releasing toxic substances into the meal you’re preparing. In short, the materials should have the genuine quality to ensure that you get value for the money.
- Budget: You may want to settle for your favorite blender. But when your budget is small, go for a simple and affordable model. Still, if you have enough money to spend, an expensive buy won’t hurt- get it for fulfillment.
How Do You Make a Protein Shake with a Blender?
Firstly, for a healthy workout lifestyle, every gym devotee needs the best protein shakes. They are great potential quick meals, especially for breakfast. But how do you make them?
You can use a bottle with a lid, possibly with a mixing container. This method will do the job, although it involves lots of procedures. For example, the liquid contents are mixed separately from the solid ones. Then you will need to mash any solids before mixing with the rest of the ingredients. Obviously, time-consuming and potentially boring! by the time the drink is ready, right?
With a blender, the process doesn’t require much of your effort. That is to say, keep in mind that most do come with effective stainless steel blades.
- Pour milk, juice, or your favorite liquid into the blender while it is still switched off.
- Add the correct amount of whey protein mix (indicated on the powder container) and start blending the milk-whey protein mixture at a speed of 15 seconds until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Moreover, if you want a touch of flavor to your drink, you can add fruits or other ingredients like yogurts. This significantly increases the taste of your shake. You can make your drink the kind of flavor you want – from vanilla to strawberry etc.
- Firstly, start the blend slowly at 15 seconds. At this stage, when you have mixed all your ingredients, you will need to increase the blending speed. The blender should run until about 45 minutes when all the ingredients have been perfectly blended.
- Now it’s time to turn off the blender and pour a little of your tasty shake into a glass to test its taste. You will find out that the drink is either okay or not well-blended. Accordingly, in the event of the latter, set the blender again to blend for about 10 seconds.
Note: You can thicken your protein shake by first adding ice to the blender before proceeding with the whole mixing process.
Protein Shake with Protein Powder or Without Protein Powder
Protein powders have become an inseparable part of smoothies nowadays. Of course, it is an ingredient you don’t want to miss. You can usually prepare protein shakes with protein powder by mixing the powder with liquids.
Therefore, we can as well refer them to as basic shakes. Even such mixes may not need a high-powered blender. Thus, you can effortlessly prepare them using a low-watt-motor blender. In some cases, you may not have a blender at all. You’ll also find yourself using even a simple bottle for the mixing of your morning protein drink.
The shakes without protein powder (homemade shakes) only contain hard ingredients such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, or ice cubes. Therefore, you need a blender model with a powerful motor, probably at least 500-600 watts. Indeed, this product can do a good job of slicing and mashing the fruits and other hard solids.
Whether you’ll be bringing a high-power blender or low power to your home, the key takeaway should be what you want in your shake. Above all, what is the list of the ingredients lined up for the shake preparation? You should determine this right before you decide on which blender to buy.
To sum up, a good protein shake will jump-start a perfect day for you. However, finding the best blender for this type of task is tricky, as I mentioned above.
To clarify, if you have an extra budget, I would suggest you get a good quality one. In the end, you can also utilize the blender for other types of tasks.